12:27 PM - Saturday, December 31, 2011
I can't believe it is the new year already! I can't believe I'm all 'grown up' now! oh man, it hasn't sunk it yet but when it does, it is gonna be a reality check and shock for me!
Weird feeling of not being welcome on New Year's Eve:
When you are unwelcome or at least not when you aren't welcomed with open arms, you would feel like a fool.But you just wanna ignore those signs and vibes and 'invite yourself over'. Sometimes i wish I can be one of those naive, happy go lucky person who doesn't get the 'msg' and just go ahead and tag along people/person that i want to spend time with. You know be a little thick-skinned. Especially when it is with family or people whom you love or are close to.
Hate that feeling, especially when you are not welcomed by the one who is supposed to love you and never abandon you. Yeah I mean it is true that everyone needs time alone. I cherish my alone time a lot too and i feel everyone, be it your family, bf/gf, other significant half or best friend should and must have enough time for themselves. But when it is a special occasion like new year's eve or your birthday which are occasions when you are supposed to spend time with your loved ones...can't the person in question just put aside everything else to spend quality time with the people who matter most. Ok sure you can go meet your friends or hang out and do whatever you want, but why would there be a problem for your loved one/s to join in the fun too? It's a special occasion! Is bet your friends or etc would welcome everyone especially when it is someone/people who matter to you.
Ok maybe not always, but how about times when I am bored or just lonely and have nowhere to go (eg. locked out), can't I just hang out with my loved one/s during those times, despite of whatever he/she is doing at that time or who he/she is hanging out with?
I don't know. This is just one of those rants I do out of impulse, hoping to release my emotions right here and now. But I never felt so lonely or unwelcome on New Year's Eve before. But thanks to my good old buddies and parents, I had a great new year's eve nonetheless. Sometimes you find love and comfort in the most unexpected places and people.
Finally, Happy new year to all my friends and family , my moo moo and myself! My new year's resolution: don't look back, move forward and seek the happiness and adventures I've always wanted growing up!!
<3 <3 <3